Each month, OCP will send out a newsletter to keep you all informed of events, reminders, testing dates/windows and any other important school information.
If you have questions about any of this content, please call the main office at 216-453-4550.
- Students need to be logged in and completing their work for at least 6.5 hours each day. All minutes/hours are tracked by administration and the state.
- After 72 hours of unexcused absences, students are subject to being withdrawn from school by administration per Ohio Attendance Law. If a student is going to be absent, please alert the main office.
- October 16th– Teacher In-service Day-No School for Students
- October 23rd– Last Day to submit work for Quarter 1.
- FREE Grab and Go Breakfasts and Lunches are available for pick up on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am-2pm at OCP.
- Beginning October 5th, Middle School Science and Social Classes will be Live sessions daily. Please look out for emails from Mr. K. and Mr. Pollock.
September Teacher of the Month!
Mr. Jordan Ianiro
Mr. Ianiro is the newest addition to the teaching team at OCP! He teaches P.E. and Health currently to our K-4th grade students. Mr. I. can be found during the day working out Live with his students, volunteering extra time for events and does what it takes to get the job done! He is a team player and we are glad to have him!
September Students of the Month!
K- Cordell Williams
1st– Maliyah Dixon
2nd– Julion Hicks
3rd– Derek Shipp
4th– Breanna Fink
5th– Shalamari Morgan
6th– Taylor Reynolds
7th– Jalen Roach
8th– Khamora Dye
*Please come to the school to pick up your certificate and prize!
Parent’s Corner – Virtual Instruction Tips:
- Download the Canvas App for Parents in order to stay up to date on assignment and messages from the teachers!
- Personal Workspace- Designate a space at home where your student can focus and work quietly.
- Know who to contact- Please alert the main office immediately if you are experiencing technical issues with logging in or issues with your school issued device.
- If there is something that you don’t understand or if you have content related questions, email your student’s teacher.
- Webcams must be turned on during ALL live sessions
OCP School Events!
- October 2: 4pm-5pm (At OCP) Drive Thru Trunk or Treat!
- October 20: 3:30pm – 4:30pm (Virtual) The NED Show!
- October 30: 3:30 – 4pm (Virtual) Pumpkin Rama Judging!
Congratulations to the 2nd Floor Teachers (Grades 3rd-5th and Fine Arts) that won the Print Environment Challenge!
Hello OCP Students and Families,
I hope that you are all enjoying this beautiful Fall weather! I wanted to let of you all know just how proud of you I am. As a school, we have truly modeled what being, “Relentless” truly means. We have met every obstacle with courage and extreme dedication. OCP has and will continue to do great things this year because of the pride that we all share for our school and community. I am honored to lead a school such as this.
Assistant Principal’s Corner
I am excited serve as your assistant principal for the 2020-2021 school year! I feel that we are off to a great start! Despite our new learning challenges, I believe that our scholars here at OCP are learning how to use Canvas and navigate through our AMP curriculum more efficiently. Please be mindful that all scholars must have a minimum total of 6.5 instructional hours daily to receive academic credit. As always, the staff at OCP are here to provide any supports that are needed for our Vikings to be successful. I am looking forward to meeting all students and families soon. Let’s have an awesome year!